Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Birthdays and Sickness

We had a great weekend.  Up until Sunday afternoon, but I'll get to that in a few. 

It was Mommy's birthday weekend.  And since I'm not one to be upset that I'm almost to the big 3-0, I enjoyed it all.  A massage and new cut and color on Saturday afternoon - it was WONDERFUL!  Daddy and Gigi had Roxy so I was out and about for a few hours all by myself.  When I got home, I had a nap and then Grandmomma and Pappaw came up to take me out for dinner.  How lucky could I really get that Uncle Michael actually joined us for dinner and watched the UK game with us? 

Sunday was my actual birthday - January 23rd.  I turned 28 years old.  Russ let me sleep in late and Roxy's was napping when I got up so it was a quiet morning.  Russ gave me a tripod for my new camera, an SD card (which I was in desperate need of), and a screen protector for the Kindle.  He always thinks of things that he knows I need and he knows I'm probably not going to remember to buy or buy for myself :)  After some birthday hugs and kisses from my angel, we left for church and then headed to O-town for a birthday celebration with my family.

At dinner there were all my (& Roxy's) carb-filled favorite foods - mashed potatoes, corn, macaroni & cheese, and rolls with chicken fingers (YUM!).  After dinner we had a birthday celebration complete with cake and ice cream. 

So now, for the how I realized Roxy wasn't feeling good part...  As if her willingly taking a nap and going to sleep wasn't a big enough indicator for me, when she woke up and I picked her up, she felt like she was on fire.  And it was not a baby-sleeping-with-blanket hot, she was HOT!  I gave her to Aunt Barb while I immediately started searching for a thermometer.  Since Great-Grandmomma didn't have a thermometer, I packed it up for us to head home.  Roxy was so hot and feverish, I was afraid we'd be headed for the ER. 

At home, Roxy's temperature charted in at 103.  A quick call to the after hours number and we were told to try to get the fever down and take her to the pediatrician the next day.  We did a luke warm bath and gave her ibuprofen.  She went down for another nap after that.  Grandmomma and Pappaw came to check on her and she played with them for a little while and then it was back to bed.  It was a night of up and downs and we were up and down off and on until after 4 a.m. Monday morning after Roxy's temperature spiked up at 103.5 at 12 a.m.  At 7:30 a.m. it was time to get ready to head to the pediatrician. 

The pediatrician diagnosed her as having yet another ear infection and a throat infection.  Yucky!  Mommy was off for two days with her angel and her fever finally broke Tuesday afternoon.  We are thankful that she's still feeling good and the antibiotics seem to be working. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a note. Your comment is appreciated!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...