So, I've been wanting to write something to summarize the year 2009 for us. I thought this meme I found on Chele's blog might be just the thing to do it :)
1. What did you do in 2009 that you have never done before? Got married. Endured pregnancy and gave birth.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for 2010? I don't even remember my 2009 resolutions and because of that I doubt that I kept them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2009? Myself, my friends, Billie and Tricia. All girls :)
4. Did anyone close to you die in 2009? No, I lost a couple family members that I was not close to.
5. What countries did you visit this year? Only the U.S.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? I think I have everything I need.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? There are a couple - 3/22 was the day I found out I was pregnant; 6/20 was my wedding day; 7/8 we found out we were having a girl; 9/5 our little girl was born; and 11/11 our little girl came home with us.
8. What was your biggest struggle in 2009? Keeping myself sane while Roxy was in the hospital. I was working 5 8 hour days a week and then traveling to Lexington to visit with Roxy every night as well as trying to keep things going at home. It was rough, but worth every minute to know that my little girl was healthy and thriving.
9. Did you suffer any illness or injury in 2009? Pregnany and a C-section.
10. What was the best thing you bought this year? My camera.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration? Roxy. She is a little fighter and she fights hard every day to get where she is now.
12. Whose behavior disappointed you? ?!?! I don't really know the answer to this one.
13. Where did most of your money go? Roxy, Roxy and Roxy. Its still going to her :)
14. What did you get really really excited about this year? My daughter coming home.
15. What song will always remind you of 2009? Didn't really listen to much music this year. Probably Life Ain't Always Beautiful by Gary Allan.
16. Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, much nicer or richer? Happier!
17. What do you wish you had done more of? Spend time with Roxy. I wish I had had more time for maternity leave so I could've stayed home with her longer.
18. What do you wish you had done less of? Work.
19. Did you fall in love in 2009? I was already in love when 2009 rolled around.
20. What was your favorite TV Program in 2009? I had different ones at different times. Mostly re-runs of Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Reba.
21. What was the best book you read this year? Probably the Twilight Series for the second time. I didn't read much else for lack of time.
22. What was your greatest musical discovery this past year? Don't think I have one.
23. What did you want and get in 2009? A wonderful husband and beautiful baby girl.
24. What was the best movie you saw this year? New Moon
25. What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn? I had some friends go with me to a country club so that I could line dance for a bit. I turned 26.
26. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying? Being able to go full term on my pregnancy. But, I am happy with the ways things worked out, too.
27. How would you describe your personal fashion statement this year? Maternity.
28. What kept you sane this year? Good friends and awesome family.
29. What celebrity did you fancy the most? Same as always, Gary Allan.
30. Who did you miss this past year? My grandparents. I wish they could have been here for my wedding and Roxy's birth, but I know they are watching from heaven.
31. Who were the best new people you met this year? My new family - my in-laws.
32. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year: Everything happens for a reason.
I know that this circles around Roxy, but she is my life now and everything is all about her. Especially right now.